HomeBlogHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 09:48:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome!
We're glad you're here.

The rules are simple: respect each other, and no spam.

Ultimate Shoutbox!
kellybean - Happy New Year my lovlies~!!
EnoughAlready - I finally have an outlet for all the true mush I have had in my heart underneath it all.   
EnoughAlready - My heart literally aches with joy; it's never been so full before--not even close.
kellybean - Awe~! It's amazing isn't it?
Rowanthe - Ah, EA, I love it Smiley 
Rowanthe - Where is everyone? 
pesto - hiding?
Not.So.New_Explorer - Hi! Long time no see!
Rowanthe - HI NE!   
jillpill - Oh my, haven't been here for a few weeks and spam has overtaken the entire board...lol
Rowanthe - Yeah that was all on the same day.  Crazy!   
Corwynnde - Sorry, I try to keep on top of it but they're starting to slip by more and more
Rowanthe - guys, what's up? 
BluesGuy - Nuthin' much.  You?
kellybean - Hey peeps~!

Search

Stats
28841 Posts in 3817 Topics by 316 Members

Latest Member: alliot486

Links
Parent Paradise - advice, support, and chat on topics from conception to parenting.

The Shy Girl - the erotic, the exotic, and the sexually weird.

Bran Muffin's World - original art and commentary on living and loving.
+  HasAHeadache.com/forum
|-+  Sexual Issues
| |-+  Sexual Oddities
| | |-+  For Love or Money (or Love of Money)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: For Love or Money (or Love of Money)  (Read 3383 times)
BluesGuy
Administrator

« on: August 21, 2009, 07:36:05 PM »

Prompted by The Romanian Capitalist in the blog. 

A woman's looks are frequently referred to as "physical assets."  And yet, most attempts to capitalize on those assets are illegal in most jurisdictions. 

Which prompts the question: why should prostitution be illegal? 

Your thoughts? 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 07:41:35 PM by BluesGuy » Logged

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 07:44:31 PM »

Yeah, I don't really know why its illegal other than many try to tie it into drugs, slavery, forced prostituiton, kidnapping, etc.

Yet the brothels in Vegas seem to be fairly well-run businesses?  I have never been to one but I understand they are quite secure, safe and expensive!

I guess its the same reason why pot is still illegal even though many use it legally...morals and no one in command wants to be the one that says "We should legalize this".

My off the wall own thoughts are that if prostituion was legal and more readily available and safe, marriages may not have as many sex issues as folks like my wife would be scared I would just go and "get it" at the store and since it was legal and safe, I wouldn't have second thoughts on doing so.  Maybe it becoming legal might get all of us guys laid by our WIVES and never have to pay for it even though it was there and readily available???

Think about it....now I can't get laid as I am married and my wife doesn't want "it" and most other women do not just want "it" from a married guy but if you could just go buy milk, bread and a quickie, I bet the whol demenaor of giving it up from the Mrs. would change.
BluesGuy
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 07:47:45 PM »

MC, if "it" were easily obtained, she'd have to work much harder to keep you interested.  DoubleD's comments about supply and demand come to mind. 

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 08:01:35 PM »

MC, if "it" were easily obtained, she'd have to work much harder to keep you interested.  DoubleD's comments about supply and demand come to mind. 

Thats exactly what I thought BG! 

Personally, I wouldn't pay for sex as its too businesslike and wouldn't be very exciting (although paying for a three way might be fun).  But yeah, if it was an incentive for Mrs Mc to work to keep her hubby in control, than I am all for it!
Bran Muffin
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 03:23:54 PM »

BG -

MC -
Yeah, I don't really know why its illegal other than many try to tie it into drugs, slavery, forced prostituiton, kidnapping, etc.

Yet the brothels in Vegas seem to be fairly well-run businesses?  I have never been to one but I understand they are quite secure, safe and expensive!

There's the answer to the question. In most parts of the world, prostitution is terribly dangerous for the woman. Children are kidnapped and sold into forced prostitution and yes, drugs are huge factor as well.

Make it legal - which is just another way of saying, "Make it safe for the woman" (Men are seldom, if ever blamed or faulted or arrested or fined. The johns can leave while the ho's are arrested.) and some of those problems go away. I'm afraid there will always be a market for kidnapped children however.

No man or woman is worth your tears, and
the one who is, won't make you cry.
MC2
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 08:00:26 PM »

BG -

MC -

There's the answer to the question. In most parts of the world, prostitution is terribly dangerous for the woman. Children are kidnapped and sold into forced prostitution and yes, drugs are huge factor as well.

Make it legal - which is just another way of saying, "Make it safe for the woman" (Men are seldom, if ever blamed or faulted or arrested or fined. The johns can leave while the ho's are arrested.) and some of those problems go away. I'm afraid there will always be a market for kidnapped children however.

Bran,

Not sure how it is in your state but Johns here in Florida are charged as sexual crimes and their face and name becomes part of the public record and EVERYONE can look it up and find out you were charged\convicted with solicitation.  Thats HUGE!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: