HomeBlogHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2017, 03:39:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome!
We're glad you're here.

The rules are simple: respect each other, and no spam.

Ultimate Shoutbox!
kellybean - Happy New Year my lovlies~!!
EnoughAlready - I finally have an outlet for all the true mush I have had in my heart underneath it all.   
EnoughAlready - My heart literally aches with joy; it's never been so full before--not even close.
kellybean - Awe~! It's amazing isn't it?
Rowanthe - Ah, EA, I love it Smiley 
Rowanthe - Where is everyone? 
pesto - hiding?
Not.So.New_Explorer - Hi! Long time no see!
Rowanthe - HI NE!   
jillpill - Oh my, haven't been here for a few weeks and spam has overtaken the entire board...lol
Rowanthe - Yeah that was all on the same day.  Crazy!   
Corwynnde - Sorry, I try to keep on top of it but they're starting to slip by more and more
Rowanthe - guys, what's up? 
BluesGuy - Nuthin' much.  You?
kellybean - Hey peeps~!

Search

Stats
31184 Posts in 4324 Topics by 346 Members

Latest Member: 1lJfi2TMD

Links
Parent Paradise - advice, support, and chat on topics from conception to parenting.

The Shy Girl - the erotic, the exotic, and the sexually weird.

Bran Muffin's World - original art and commentary on living and loving.
+  HasAHeadache.com/forum
|-+  Relationships
| |-+  Dating
| | |-+  Dating Ugly People
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: Dating Ugly People  (Read 7357 times)
BluesGuy
Administrator

« on: August 30, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »

Prompted by Dating Ugly People in the blog. 

What makes us attractive, or less so?  What characteristics do you require to be attracted to someone?  What do you find repulsive?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 02:12:36 PM by BluesGuy » Logged

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:08:15 AM »

When I meet God, I'm gonna ask him one question: Why did you make me so unattractive, yet so horny?
-Lindsay Acord
Smiling
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:51:01 PM »

When I meet God, I'm gonna ask him one question: Why did you make me so unattractive, yet so horny?
-Lindsay Acord

Most of us have seen a physically mis-matched couple or two.  One is drop dead gorgeous, and the other somewhat plain.  Why?  The "plain" one must have fascinated the good looking one. 

I think the most attractive part of any woman is a sincere interest in me.   Looks are much less important than making me feel important.  I'd guess that a lot of people of both genders feel that way. 

Owl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 06:42:32 PM »

I maRRied an unattractive guy, figuring that if I was going to reject him for looks, then I was shallow, and I didn't want to be shallow.

I came to realize, over time, that if only he had been sweet and kind, he would have gotten so much more attractive in my eyes. Instead, he was harsh and negative. So he stayed ugly.
Bran Muffin
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 07:11:08 PM »

I maRRied an unattractive guy, figuring that if I was going to reject him for looks, then I was shallow, and I didn't want to be shallow.

I came to realize, over time, that if only he had been sweet and kind, he would have gotten so much more attractive in my eyes. Instead, he was harsh and negative. So he stayed ugly.

Reynart will have a fit if he reads this but -

for us, its the other way around. I'm very plain but dammit, ugly rumors to the contrary, I'm a good person and he adores me.

That makes me beautiful - at least to him.

No man or woman is worth your tears, and
the one who is, won't make you cry.
kellybean

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 11:46:45 AM »

Oh Bran...he should slap you for that!  I've seen you my friend, and you ARE beautiful!  You're sexy Fox is one lucky man. Although I've seen GF too...and whew  you got yourself one hunky man *wiggling eyebrows*

Hmmm, Ugly people huh.  I think it's in the Eye of the Beholder.  You could have a drop dead gorgeous man laying next to you, all toned and ripped...and if he opens his mouth and speaks a squeaky voice at you...it may leave you dismayed. And that same hunky-cut man could be the worst at something else important that you need out of a relationship...like listening skills, or negotiating or compromise.

I think the outside of someone is like a mossy rock.  Once you peel away the moss, you get to see the beautiful colors, facets and fossils that lie beneath. You shine it up a bit, brush it off and add it to your ever-growing rock collection.   Wink

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.
Angelgirl

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »

Things that make a guy attractive to me:

- Intelligence
- Good sense of humor
- respectful of me and others/polite
- integrity/honesty
- Kindness
- not excessively good looking OR bad looking

Things that I find VERY unattractive:

- Stinginess
- meanness
- excessive body hair
- dumb - especially if it's coupled with "thinks he's smarter than me"
- someone who is dishonest
lawver

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 05:54:39 PM »

I remember being focused on looks when I was a teen. All the girls wanted to have a (hot) date. I dated an Italian model that ended up being the ugliest man I've ever kissed. He was cold, rude and he hit me. As I got older I realized that I was growing attracted to intelligence. My husband has the sexiest brain I've ever met and it keeps me "happy" 24/7.

I suppose it comes down to three very attractive features:
1. Sense of humor
2. Confidence
3. Intelligence

Those three above are the sexiest features in my book.

"Free will. It's like butterfly wings: once touched, they never get off the ground. No, I only set the stage. You pull your own strings."
Spotless Mind

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 02:39:20 AM »

[quote author]I suppose it comes down to three very attractive features:
1. Sense of humor
2. Confidence
3. Intelligence

Those three above are the sexiest features in my book.[/quote]

HUGE ditto to this lawver.

IF a man can capture my mind, I'm his.
I need to be intrigued, and it can't happen with a man that is not intelligent.
WhoMe?

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 08:36:29 AM »

I love a man that is completely confident in who they are and I think that is so sexy. There is a certain air they have even if they might not be the best looking. I like that they take care of themselves physically and know what they want out of life. Emotionally healthy is huge to me as well since I don't want to emotinally carry someone else in a relationship.
Not.So.New_Explorer

I want *this* Jack 'o' Lantern this year!

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 10:36:23 AM »

- Intelligence
- Good sense of humor
- integrity/honesty
- Kindness

I used this list to begin an even longer list of J's attributes, which I emailed to him. He really appreciated it.  Smiley
Things that I find VERY unattractive:

- Stinginess
- meanness
- excessive body hair
- dumb - especially if it's coupled with "thinks he's smarter than me"
- someone who is dishonest
And this is why I'm leaving H.

I really need to get laid!
HarleyQuinn

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 11:30:43 AM »

- Intelligence
- Good sense of humor
- integrity/honesty
- Kindness

That would be my list. R fits it completely. He's good-looking (though not overly so), but he's also a big man...but his heart, his humor, his wit, his kindness...they all make him attractive to me. I just like to say that all of his awesome qualities needed a bigger package to hold them  Grin .

I am turned off by assholes...plain and simple. If you're an asshole, even a good-looking one, you're ugly as sin in my book lol.
pesto

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 04:11:56 AM »

I think it's someones face and it's movements that is usually the bulk of someone's physical attractivness to me - a cheeky smile and when it appears, a mischeivous glint in the eye, serious and kind when necessary.. and those things don't depend on the rest of someone's characteristics.
I think if you spoke to my friends they would agree that this is what I go for, because I have gone for some pretty conventionally "ugly" people - or at least people who they went "ewww.... really?!". 
I think in terms of physical attractiveness, the face is where a lot of characteristics like those described above shine through.

When I use a word, it means exactly what I want it to mean - neither more, nor less. (Lewis Carrol)
Not.So.New_Explorer

I want *this* Jack 'o' Lantern this year!

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 12:33:37 PM »

there is a soft quality around the eyes in a kind person. That is incredibly sexy to me, even if the rest of the body isn't all that great.

There is a hard quality around the eyes in a mean person. A huge turn-off, although if the body is gorgeous I might subconsciously mistrust my initial interpretation ... but I've always been proven right.

I really need to get laid!
Bran Muffin
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 11:18:02 AM »

I agree with a lot of the lists here but really, at the end of the day, actions really do speak louder than words or looks or anything else we can name.

(But, Explorer, GF has that "quality" around his eyes.
Yep, I know exactly what you mean.)

No man or woman is worth your tears, and
the one who is, won't make you cry.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: