HomeBlogHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2017, 03:20:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome!
We're glad you're here.

The rules are simple: respect each other, and no spam.

Ultimate Shoutbox!
kellybean - Happy New Year my lovlies~!!
EnoughAlready - I finally have an outlet for all the true mush I have had in my heart underneath it all.   
EnoughAlready - My heart literally aches with joy; it's never been so full before--not even close.
kellybean - Awe~! It's amazing isn't it?
Rowanthe - Ah, EA, I love it Smiley 
Rowanthe - Where is everyone? 
pesto - hiding?
Not.So.New_Explorer - Hi! Long time no see!
Rowanthe - HI NE!   
jillpill - Oh my, haven't been here for a few weeks and spam has overtaken the entire board...lol
Rowanthe - Yeah that was all on the same day.  Crazy!   
Corwynnde - Sorry, I try to keep on top of it but they're starting to slip by more and more
Rowanthe - guys, what's up? 
BluesGuy - Nuthin' much.  You?
kellybean - Hey peeps~!

Search

Stats
31184 Posts in 4324 Topics by 346 Members

Latest Member: 1lJfi2TMD

Links
Parent Paradise - advice, support, and chat on topics from conception to parenting.

The Shy Girl - the erotic, the exotic, and the sexually weird.

Bran Muffin's World - original art and commentary on living and loving.
+  HasAHeadache.com/forum
|-+  Sexual Issues
| |-+  Sexual Conflict
| | |-+  Menopause
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Menopause  (Read 7626 times)
Bran Muffin
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 07:23:22 PM »

I am going through hot flashes and night sweats right now.  It gets crazy, I go to bed cold, wake up and it's like I am on fire.  The pillow is soaked, I am soaked, it is just so darn uncomfortable. 

I am lucky though.   I have never had a problem with dryness.  My juices flow quite easily actually. 

Wish I could help.  I have a friend that got her hormone panel done and they made a concoction especially for her.  Bio chemical or something.  I think it was on the Oprah show, but I didn't see it.   She loves it, swears by it, says it isn't made out of horses urine, etc.   Wants me to go to her dr.   I may to see what it is all about.  She looks and feels wonderful, no hot flashes, no night sweats, and no dryness. 

Does anyone know what I am talking about, since I don't?
Yes Smiley
Bio-identical hormones.  I take bio-identical progesterone.  Bio-identicals are just that - identical to the hormones that your body is not producing enough of, so don't have the dangerous side effects of synthetic hormones.

YES! That's it.

Your regular doctor prescribes for you? And, do you know the source of the hormones?

No man or woman is worth your tears, and
the one who is, won't make you cry.
kellybean

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 01:36:22 PM »

Are those hormones costly every month Sang?
Do you have to be on them the rest of your days?
Say it ain't so!

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.
Bran Muffin
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 07:28:43 AM »

Just came across this and have not researched any further so - for what its worth ...

http://www.aralifestyle.com/article.aspx?UserFeedGuid=3a98f3a5-30b3-42fd-8069-4b6ead0721b7&ArticleId=1636&ComboId=450&title=New-Menopause-Remedy-Sparks-Excitement

New Menopause Remedy Sparks Excitement

(ARA) - It seems that not a month goes by without another study revealing some terrible side effects of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Topping the list of concerns is breast cancer, which has been definitively linked to HRT. Still, millions of women use HRT to mitigate menopause symptoms that include hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, weight gain, decreased libido and more.

Why do so many women treat a non-life threatening condition (menopause) with a drug that can result in a potentially fatal illness?

"If your symptoms are bad you'll do most anything to ease them," says Carol Nicholson, a registered nurse who has been on HRT for several years. "I have a history of breast cancer in my family, so for me, HRT was the last resort. But I just felt helpless."

She says that seeing a large number of natural menopausal relief products in stores and on the Internet can be deceiving, because virtually all of them are based on the same herbal ingredients, like soy, black cohosh and red clover. Even though she settled for HRT, Kriegel continued searching for a viable, safer alternative.

Her wish suddenly came true when she read a news report about a product called Amberen, which was described as a natural compound that restores hormonal balance by stimulating organs of the neuro-endocrine system. Nicholson admits she was skeptical, but she decided to give it a try anyway. To her amazement, she was able to get off HRT in less than 3 weeks. "I'm now adding another holiday to my calendar. Oct. 19, the 'Menopause Liberation Day,' " she says.

Nicholson's story mirrors those of thousands of other women who had tried Amberen since its limited release on the market about a year ago, according to Lunada Biomedical, the company that manufactures Amberen. The company believes that Amberen will quickly gain significant market share in the United States based on its effectiveness, high quality of clinical data, and its unique mode of action.

"In our studies, we have successfully achieved an HRT-like effect by administering natural mitochondrial metabolites that essentially mimic the effects of hormones. We clearly demonstrated that a natural, non-hormonal compound based on balance of salts succinates, can, in effect, lead to temporary hormonal renaissance," says Dr. Eugene Maevsky, who led the Amberen study.

In a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study, 4-week Amberen treatment sharply increased estradiol concentrations in the blood of menopausal women. Estradiol is the most potent naturally occurring estrogen and is often referred to as the "hormone of youth" because of its critical role in reproductive and sexual functioning. Estradiol also was shown to improve the strength and elasticity of bones and joints while also improving the skin. Amberen can relieve symptoms such as headache, increased irritability, insomnia, and hot flashes.

You no longer have to settle for HRT or lackluster result with herbal remedies. Amberen offers a risk-free trial for 30 days. Just pay $7.99 for shipping and handling. Visit www.myamberen.com/menopause to sign up for this offer.

jillpill

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 12:17:49 PM »

Really KA.  Because I think I noticed the opposite.  I wasn't having hardly any hot flashes before I met L.   Now that I have sex almost daily they have begun again.

I was thinking maybe that was the reason... stirring up all those hormones again... Grin

I guess I will keep having sex and hope they go away.... Wink

I Love the Nights I can't Remember With the Friends I can't Forget
Rowanthe

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 12:21:55 PM »

PMU/premarin is in a lot of birth control pills too.  Disgusting, isn't it?

Bran Muffin
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 04:33:08 PM »

I have a theory I plan to investigate. I think the more sex you have the less hot flashes you have.

I actually slept through the night with only waking up twice with hot flashes,after our very rainy weekend with nothing much to do but play inside.  Wink

edited for spelling lol

Hmm - interesting because since I started having sex, I have had almost no hot flashes.  I assumed it was because of moving from the hot desert southwest to the cold (snow??) midwest. But, maybe you're right.  Either way, I'll take the sex.

Sanguinista
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 08:12:12 AM »

I'm sorry that I didn't get back to this sooner.... 

First, check out a book called "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause" by John R Lee.  There is also one about PreMenopause with basically the same title. 

Or... go to his website http://www.johnleemd.com/   I think that's probably about the best launching point.

In the book, he describes the difference between natural and synthetic hormones.  He discusses in depth how hormone imbalance affects us, and how treating with synthetic hormones often causes more problems than it helps. 

One of his ideas, which is now being a little more backed in the mainstream, is that because of our diet and our environment, most women are estrogen dominant....  most petrochemicals have an estrogenic effect on the body.  That's his explanation for the decreasing age of the onset of puberty in girls, the increase in PCOS, etc.  It makes a lot of sense. 

All I know is I felt like I was dying - I went to an accupuncturist who gave me this book, and, it literally saved my life. 

Sanguinista
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 05:43:16 AM »

I'm reviving this thread - just to say hot flashes SUCK!!!  I did just redo my saliva hormone testing - waiting for the results to come back and get my bioidentical hormones reformulated.  I'm also feeling a little "tender" emotionally. 

DH says that the nights are a comic dance of me curling up against him mumbling "hold me" then 5-15 minutes later kicking the covers and flailing saying "get off me, I'm HOT!" then curling against him...then... Roll Eyes

jillpill

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 06:01:25 AM »

I'm reviving this thread - just to say hot flashes SUCK!!!  I did just redo my saliva hormone testing - waiting for the results to come back and get my bioidentical hormones reformulated.  I'm also feeling a little "tender" emotionally. 

DH says that the nights are a comic dance of me curling up against him mumbling "hold me" then 5-15 minutes later kicking the covers and flailing saying "get off me, I'm HOT!" then curling against him...then... Roll Eyes

This is exactly what I do all night long..

I Haven't done the bio chemical thing yet. I am just toughing it out.   I am really curious about how it works for you.  Please keep us updated!

I Love the Nights I can't Remember With the Friends I can't Forget
pesto

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 04:25:37 AM »

Sang- just refreshing this thread ... are you still using the bioidentical hormones?  Is it like natural progesterone creams?  I'm reading up on alternative treatments for endo, I can't stand the pill much longer (I'm getting motion sickness when I'm driving, and I work in a town with the nearly most roundabouts in the country!) and one thing i've come across is the natural progesterone cream but it's hard to get in the UK, it's not licensed so unless my doc will prescribe I'll need to import it for my own use!

When I use a word, it means exactly what I want it to mean - neither more, nor less. (Lewis Carrol)
Sanguinista
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 07:11:23 AM »

Yeah, I am.  All I'm using right now is the natural progesterone, and it makes a BIG difference. 

If you end up going it alone, I think the books by the late Dr. John Lee probably have the best information in terms of dosing. 

Sanguinista
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »

I really don't know what all this about and haven't had the time to research it but I sware since the man has been gone my Hot Flashes have been minimal to say the least.

I'm not sure if it's his body heat ,pheromones or what but there is a connection I think.
I think it's all of the above.  I almost never have them during the day, and the night ones are better, but not gone.   I'll always have a good one after sex, and get really hot when I get turned on.  DH had been joking that if he got cold at night, all he had to do is rub me three times and it was like turning on a heater.   We went camping early last Sept - it was cold and rainy, we were sleeping in a tent.  I kept waking up in the mornings wet and horny - it was bizarre.  Until I *caught* him "turning the heater on"! 
I think I would rather have him here and have the hot flashes at least when I stripped down and ran outside into the cold night air I had him cheering me on.  Cheesy

LOL!  That's a picture! 
Bran Muffin
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 05:13:24 PM »

I think I already posted about sitting outside, starkers and wishing for a breeze.

What used to make me crazy was going from AC to the heat or to evap cooling. My house and car were both AC'd but the facility where I worked with wildlife was evp cooled. I'd start a hot flash when I walked in and it wouldn't end until I had been back in my car for a while. I would literallyl have humongous hot flashes that would last 5-6 hours and leave me exhausted.

I can't say why, after all those years, they finally stopped. But, good lovin' sex sure as hell doesn't hurt!

qntn36v2k

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2017, 07:11:57 PM »

However, and then wipe the surface of silver cloth swab, the toothpaste is a relatively simple method the easiest way is to use toothpaste on silver jewelry, is considered to be the speed of the election ammunition, use lemon. "wipe wash water in a professional, if future meet, Jewelry wholesale mall, did not Pulsera Pandora Outlet enhance the effect of the attack Mithril.
   the manual design to buy Beads products. Then you should use a small brush to clean jewelry jewelry slits. there are some corrosion of jewelry. wash water; not to cannot but do not use, bright silver jewelry can be used wash water, and a bubble. because they are corrosive, you will find your favorite silver jewelry and restore its bright color to avoid perspiration to stay in jewelry caused by corrosion. bury the silver object in the lemon. 2.
   no damage to Gioielli Pandora Scontati Online the silver object itself. fed last night.washing is not available) 5 I've tried it the silver ( 4) using ammonia solution as cleaning liquid primary aluminum and sodium bicarbonate on reaction of hydrogen son-in-law my father will advance to buy my husband's favorite dishes keeps the silver dry knead to the appropriate white bubbles usually without try not to touch water and stimulating liquid in Pandora Outlet Online Italia silver want to ask how to match jewelry activities legend jewelry should change whichE The best effect is to use professional rub silver clothRank name name name LV15 shell ring ring ring lava party flash chaos ice LV25 pearl bead ring ring ring ring thunder light Bijoux Pandora En Ligne amber powder night cream decorative ring wood ring LV30 white stone flames roar bane ring pull that pointer or snow LV35 color crystal ring pull that glass ring thunder Shilong tear stone cold ring electro-optical pulp jade ring LV40 signet ring stone crystal fuel storage withdrawal with Jie Shuanghua jade signet ring LV45 crystal ring ring ring Eudemons ore prison inflammation Cologne wood ring LV50 ring freeze interest Weijie torrent Balrog evil pupil Fenglei signet ring dragon squama stria ring snow Soul RingJing ICP Card No 030173 -1 Beijing net Wen [2013] 0934-983 2017Baidu use Baidu must read | know the agreement | Baidu know brand cooperation then rinse clean put the toothpaste foam into the bag so that it naturally droop into U or V in front of the chest Similarly The premise is genuine but do not know how to repair it the magic stone position occupied what is the idea of their own grasp black silver jewelry (Note: this limited to silver (gold inlaid silver jewelry can be used. BBS or personal stations the best effect is to use professional rub silver cloth; 5 can not be washed high quality wholesale / supply information correction fluid not dry before wiping with a cloth can be used as a transition of jewelry etc do not wash water diversity Bracciale Pandora Charms Outlet Online Mars is not too high but not bad 4: in summer I said with my dad 8 sacrifice current can be sacrificed flow including you can also choose to sacrifice parts of clothes. has always been a price free market. silver than impure silver more easily oxidized black so as to avoid collision. bracelet. add sleep (for example alkaline detergent water) in the lake wash.rolling flow far far 3 Pandora Outlet Store Online sister Wang summoned 2 completed 9 pieces of equipment efficiency first finishes or repair because cow chip production efficiency (see sister Wang likely bestie now I did not personally verify the effect of jewelry call not too main pile considering the condition of intelligence Bracelet wizard Lingzhu ring Alvin preferred 70 powder ring plus magic attack consider if the high intelligence chooses false false purple purple jewelry selection aura of wisdom aura plus intelligence intelligence BB to pandora charms günstig online kaufen enhance the effectiveness of BB attack effect the wrong answer personally verify the Pandora Outlet questioner recommended answer | correction review [with] 2017-06-02 130th topic: after Ma Yun and Wang Wei fell out.
   very trivial, we can immediately restore the original beautiful decoration. The temperature is too high, remember to do the daily routine maintenance, the correction fluid coated silver jewelry, it is best to use airtight pocket installed. Smooth 4. then rub silver cloth to wipe the surface, rinse with water and then wipe dry. luster: the surface of the Pearl of Southeast Asia can reflect the bright luster.
   with wash water can be used once do the old process of silver jewelry.Then the toothpaste is squeezed directly to the surface of the object use rub silver cloth to wipe rub silver cloth to wipe with toothpaste or rubbing washing treatment to back light, electroplating! if you find that silver has yellow signs, 8.

http://www.1080pdy.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=68393&pid=3852288&page=554&extra=page=1#pid3852288

http://youqianz.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1350&pid=214875&page=465&extra=page=1#pid214875

https://www.artclon.com/plus/feedback.php?aid=7

http://www.lungchuntin.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=27464&pid=90775&page=1&extra=page=1#pid90775

http://jiari.28cnc.cn/home/space.php?uid=14723&do=blog&id=195848

http://www.chengshizj.com/plus/feedback.php?aid=1852

http://www.sh-jiliang.com/plus/feedback.php?aid=161

http://www.lz6688.com/home/space.php?uid=88023&do=blog&id=166374

http://www.mannlist.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36419342&view=unread#unread

http://www.moneyscience.com/pg/blog/TheReformedBroker/read/793984/new-avengers-trailer-hits#comments

http://dtfbbs.datianfu.com/showtopic-1086037.aspx

http://www.mannlist.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36421154&view=unread#unread

http://www.zp111.com/plus/feedback.php?aid=12

http://bbs.canbays.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=13&pid=591448&page=44&extra=page=1#pid591448

http://bbs.yyzx2.com/forum.php?mod=post&action=reply&fid=36&tid=44759&extra=page=1&replysubmit=yes&infloat=yes&handlekey=fastpost

uu6nPuG4s

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 05:56:12 AM »

itself is oily cheap hermes bracelets can be dipped in water ammonia cloth to wipe turquoise. moon, Click the OK button to make attributes, so hang or take are to be careful if the shop with PS early, beads diameter 15MM is 15 (including Buddha head three links that one, we can immediately restore the original beautiful decoration.
   Here for everyone to share hand rope diced jewelry DIY making method Daquan hope can add inspiration for your hand life. Fact: buy gold white yellow are cartier clou bracelet prix never going to buy 18 expensive selling plummeted the value that |||1 bath with a 18 carat garbage hardness the stability of phase soap reaction hermes silver h bracelet mainly stackable birthstone rings pandora to avoid who sells bvlgari jewelry wear and tear scratch 2 where cleaning self cleaning relatively safe jewelry stores like flat attention with water cleaning and maintenance cleaning around half 3 long flat clean longer 4 contaminated milk wash things with clean water rinse directly rinse and dry ||| building a really too. both ends of the knot, primary heart live. so when your devotion to treat pandora charms mermaid him.

http://aiyinjia.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=851044&pid=917247&page=1&extra=page=1#pid917247

http://www.lpetl.com

http://www.meheart.cn/plus/feedback.php?aid=13

http://www.zyzl.tech/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=35402&pid=72241&page=1&extra=#pid72241

http://www.k6diy.net/uchome/space.php?uid=155055&do=blog&id=156129

http://shengxinsemi.com/plus/feedback.php?aid=503

http://forum.hndcomputer.com/viewtopic.php?pid=868781#p868781

http://www.qinbeishipin.net/plus/feedback.php?aid=489

http://www.bbkmgt.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=19288&pid=48419&page=1&extra=page=1#pid48419

http://www.yytrain.com/plus/feedback.php?aid=1242

http://www.harrogate-news.co.uk/2017/06/09/pedestrian-hospital-following-knaresborough-collision/#comment-192998

http://www.xedz.gov.cn/plus/feedback.php?aid=3485

http://www.k6diy.net/uchome/space.php?uid=155055&do=blog&id=156121

http://hasaheadache.com/forum/index.php?topic=4656.msg32239#msg32239

http://bjzixun.net/plus/feedback.php?aid=615

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: