HomeBlogHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 17, 2018, 04:05:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome!
We're glad you're here.

The rules are simple: respect each other, and no spam.

Ultimate Shoutbox!
kellybean - Happy New Year my lovlies~!!
EnoughAlready - I finally have an outlet for all the true mush I have had in my heart underneath it all.   
EnoughAlready - My heart literally aches with joy; it's never been so full before--not even close.
kellybean - Awe~! It's amazing isn't it?
Rowanthe - Ah, EA, I love it Smiley 
Rowanthe - Where is everyone? 
pesto - hiding?
Not.So.New_Explorer - Hi! Long time no see!
Rowanthe - HI NE!   
jillpill - Oh my, haven't been here for a few weeks and spam has overtaken the entire board...lol
Rowanthe - Yeah that was all on the same day.  Crazy!   
Corwynnde - Sorry, I try to keep on top of it but they're starting to slip by more and more
Rowanthe - guys, what's up? 
BluesGuy - Nuthin' much.  You?
kellybean - Hey peeps~!

Search

Stats
35041 Posts in 6302 Topics by 362 Members

Latest Member: makesriu

Links
Parent Paradise - advice, support, and chat on topics from conception to parenting.

The Shy Girl - the erotic, the exotic, and the sexually weird.

Bran Muffin's World - original art and commentary on living and loving.
+  HasAHeadache.com/forum
|-+  Sexual Issues
| |-+  Sexual Celebration
| | |-+  Keeping it new and fresh
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Keeping it new and fresh  (Read 3635 times)
Bran Muffin
Administrator

« on: February 15, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »

I think a lot about how to keep it new and fresh between Grey Fox and me. Which is, of course, impossible.  It doesn't take very long of living together, and all that entails, for that wonderful but potentially deadly familiarity to set in.

OTOH, everywhere I read, there are sad stories of people getting bored with their partner and of their once exciting sex life  dying a slow and unnoticed death.

I've told you all of some of the really silly and goofy things I've done in the past - like greeting GF at the airport in a long blond wig and sunglasses ...

So, last night, after we exchanged Valentine and anniversary gifts and flowers and chocolates and undies I would actually PAY to see him wear ...

I put on a pair of jammies that he likes (I usually sleep nude) and then stuck a package decoration of long curly red ribbon in just the strategically right spot and invited him to open the rest of his gift.

Which he did - with a big grin on his face.

(Betty Crocker was wrong.
The way to a man's heart is NOT through his stomach.)

No man or woman is worth your tears, and
the one who is, won't make you cry.
icychic

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:50:43 PM »

Well it's possibly a way to get him interesting, but not to keep him.

Bran Muffin
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 07:03:53 AM »

I didn't mean to imply anything like that icy.  If the relationship is not solid to begin with, no amount of sexy pranks (or just plain vanilla sex) will change that. Neither man nor woman lives on sex alone but it certainly doesn't hurt to try to keep some excitement, humor and interest going in the bedroom.

Putting the ribbon on my pubes and inviting him to open the rest of his gift was just another way of saying "I love and desire you".

Spotless Mind

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »

Yeah I understand what you mean Bran.

Keeping it new and fresh is extremely difficult in daily life especially when little children are involved. One needs to be very well organised to make time for everything and being spontaneous on many occassions is just impossible.

But it has to be done. The effort I mean. If not like you say the relationship will die.

I've yet to discover the exact recipy to keep it going and I'm not in my best mood the last months (I mean sexually) but I try. And then there are days that I don't try. That I just want to sleep and be left alone in my fatigue. On those days I'm also quite cranky and many times during those days I tend to take it out on husband. Whom is ofcourse not pleased with that behavior. Then I can find of behaviors of his that I am not pleased with and voila, we have ground for an excellent fight. If my mind is not completely blurred I can predict whats going to happen and avoid it, many times I can't though. Godam pregnancy hormones.

Silence is gold. Who was it who said that?

And I believe I ended up being out of topic. Oups. Sorry  Grin
Bran Muffin
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »

Oh lordy girl - I can't imagine even getting through my days if I had a child to care for, a job, two more on the way and friggin vomit to clean off the walls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I believe I ended up being out of topic.
Naw - I think you're right on target.

Honestly, if I had any kind of Magic Formula, you'd be the first to know. 

Sanguinista
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 08:05:14 AM »

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think the biggest part of "keeping it new and fresh" is.... laughter.

And, I don't think it takes much in the way of props and surprises to laugh.   
Spotless Mind

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 08:16:28 AM »

Naive is one thing I seriously doubt you are San. Grin. You're a very very clever woman.

I agree with you about laughter.
icychic

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 08:16:50 AM »

Actually that's a good point. I think laughter is great and needed in relationships. Even with all the issues me and my BF have right now, we still manage to laugh together. Usually it's cuz he does something stupid or goofy, but that's a good thing. You can't be serious all the time, you gotta know when to goof off and have fun together.

Bran Muffin
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 12:30:30 PM »

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think the biggest part of "keeping it new and fresh" is.... laughter.

And, I don't think it takes much in the way of props and surprises to laugh.   

Oh I agree completely and that's what my silly little ribbon thing was all about. Same with the other sexy little things I do, have done and will do in the future.

I really never meant to even imply I believe this is the way to either get a man OR to keep him.

Sex is only one part of a relationship. Hugely important, IMO, but still - only one part of the whole.

KongsANN, really good to see you again. Hope you've been able to resolve some things.

kellybean

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 07:53:28 AM »

Hope you've been able to resolve some things.

Resolve that's the stuff I use to get stains out of the carpet Hmmm...Maybe I should bathe in it.... Cheesy

lmao...at least you have a good sense of humor KA.  Chin up.

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.
Bran Muffin
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 08:30:00 AM »

Resolve that's the stuff I use to get stains out of the carpet Hmmm...Maybe I should bathe in it.... Cheesy

Hmmm, you mean if I fill the bathtub and take a good long soak some of this crap will go away ... ?

kellybean

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 06:53:28 AM »

Hmmm, you mean if I fill the bathtub and take a good long soak some of this crap will go away ... ?

Yep, especially when you add a good book.

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.
Bran Muffin
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 06:22:03 PM »

Yep, especially when you add a good book.

Oh shucks.

I was thinking of dragging him in after me.

pesto

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 10:24:14 AM »

That would probably work just as well!

When I use a word, it means exactly what I want it to mean - neither more, nor less. (Lewis Carrol)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: